Saturday, April 15, 2006

Run in with "The Man"


So there I was, riding my ZRX1100 down Powerville Road when I get pulled over by Boonton Township's finest in a police issued SUV. Now, I'm certainly no saint, but I'd seen the cop before he had seen me, and I was travelling at a GPS certified speed of 34 mph, in a 35mph zone. So you can imagine my surprise when the disco lights went on behind me.

Being the law-abiding citizen that I am, I pulled over as soon as I saw the lights, there was plenty of space on the side of the road. I was expecting the cop to pull behind me, turned out to the street to put the engine block between me and him, however he surprised me by pulling up to the side of me and rolling down his window. He told me that he'd run my plate wrong, and the person who had my plate transposed, had neglected to pay his registration fees. At this point, I was asking myself "What exactly does this have to do with me?" Well, it turns out, the answer to that question is "Absolutely NOTHING" The cop told me that it was his mistake, that I had done nothing wrong, and he'd just pulled me over to tell me that. Now, I am happy we have policemen out there "on the job" making sure the world is safe for us and our children, and in the grand scheme of things, there was no harm done. I just thank the lord that I didn't get a summons.

EOF.

No comments: